Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS SAMARITANS’ RAFFLE?
- You can enter Samaritans’ Christmas Raffle draw up to the 3 December 2018 close date. Each ticket gives you the chance of winning one of our 13 fabulous cash prizes. Each ticket costs just £1.
WHY IS SAMARITANS’ RUNNING A RAFFLE?
- Our Christmas Raffle is a fun and engaging way for Samaritans to raise much needed funds. 100% of the profits from our raffle go towards our work.
CAN YOU GUARANTEE THE RAFFLE IS FAIR?
- Yes, every £1 entry has an equal chance of winning, and the winning numbers are drawn at random.
HOW OLD DO I HAVE TO BE TO ENTER?
- You must be aged 16 or over to enter the raffle.
WHAT CAN I WIN?
- Our first prize is £5,000 cash, second prize £500 cash, third prize £100 cash and the 10 runners up each receive £40 in cash.
HOW DO I BUY TICKETS?
- We send tickets to our supporters in the post, which can be sold to family and friends for £1 each, or you can buy tickets online via the Enter page.
ARE MY TICKETS ELIGIBLE FOR GIFT AID?
- Unfortunately, we cannot claim Gift Aid on funds raised through the raffle, but if you choose to make a donation with your ticket purchase, we can claim Gift Aid on these donations.
WHY AM I SENT TO ANOTHER WEBSITE WHEN MAKING A PAYMENT?
- When taking payments Samaritans uses a secure system provided by our External Lottery Manager, Sterling. This ensures your details are taken in a safe and secure manner when you play the raffle online. Privacy is very important to Samaritans, so we only use partners that we trust to keep your data safe.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I LOSE CONNECTION TO THE INTERNET WHILE ENTERING?
- Please call our helpline on 0370 034 0789 and we will be able to assist you and confirm whether or not a payment was taken successfully.
HOW WILL I KNOW IF I WIN A PRIZE?
- Once the draw has taken place, winners will be notified by telephone or post and asked to verify their details. Once verified, winners will receive a cheque in the post. Winners’ names and numbers will be published on our website samaritans.org/raffle.
HOW DO I CLAIM MY PRIZE?
- Winners will be contacted and need to verify their details within three months of the draw date, 18 December 2018. If any winner’s details aren’t verified within the three month period, their prize will be treated as a donation.
I HAVE LOST MY RAFFLE TICKETS, WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- If you would like us to check your tickets, please contact us on 0370 034 0789.
WHAT ARE THE RAFFLE RULES?
- The raffle rules are available here, and more information can be found on the Samaritans raffle webpage Samaritans.org/raffle. The purpose of these rules is to ensure you are informed about the terms of playing our raffle, and to promote responsible gambling.
WHAT IS RESPONSIBLE GAMBLING?
- Responsible gambling means staying in control of how much time and money we spend on gambling. Responsible gambling means not spending more money or time than we can reasonably afford on gambling activities, keeping in mind all our other responsibilities in life.
I NEED SOME ADVICE ON THE EFFECTS OF GAMBLING. CAN YOU HELP?
- To speak to someone about a gambling problem contact the BeGambleAware confidential helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit their website www.begambleaware.org for further information.
HOW CAN I MAKE A COMPLAINT?
- If you have any concerns, please get in touch with us on 03709 00 00 32 or email@example.com and we will endeavour to answer any queries you may have.
IS THE RAFFLE LEGAL?
- Yes, we operate in compliance with all Gambling Commission (the UK regulatory body concerned with lotteries) requirements and the raffle is administered by a certified External Lottery Manager. For further information please see our rules page Samaritans.org/raffle.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS?
- For questions about our Christmas Raffle or your raffle entry, please call our Raffle Hotline: 0370 034 0789 (Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm).