1.1. Samaritans Mental Health Awareness Week Raffle (“the Raffle”) will be operated as a Society Lottery under the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”) and is licensed by the Gambling Commission of Great Britain.
1.2. The Raffle is promoted by the Promoter and conducted for the benefit of Samaritans. Registration number 219432.
1.3. The person responsible for the promotion of the Raffle is Sheila McGuinness.
1.4. By entering the Raffle, Members agree to be bound by these rules.
“Act” - The Gambling Act 2005.
“Raffle” – Samaritans Mental Health Awareness Week Raffle.
“Draw” - The process by which winners are selected.
“Member” - An individual who has entered into the Raffle.
“Rules” - The rules of the Samaritans Raffle as set out below and amended from time to time.
“Ticket” - The entry into the Raffle.
3. Entry into the Samaritans Raffle
3.1. The Raffle is promoted in accordance with the Gambling Act 2005 as amended (“the Act”) throughout Great Britain. In order to comply with the Act, during the purchase of Raffle Tickets you will be required to confirm that:
- (a) You are at least 16 years of age.
- (b) You will not buy or claim to buy Raffle Tickets on behalf of any other person.
- (c) You reside in the United Kingdom.
3.2. If, upon winning any prize in the Raffle, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 3.1 (a), 3.1 (b) and 3.1 (c) above then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
3.3. In order to comply with the Act, Raffle Tickets that have been purchased and entered into the draw for which they were intended are prohibited from being subsequently refunded.
3.4. By entering into the Raffle you agree to be bound by the Rules, and applicable provisions of the Act and any relevant regulations made thereunder from time to time. Samaritans shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Raffle and / or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you if you have not complied with the Rules. The Rules may be amended by Samaritans from time to time.
3.5. This Raffle is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly. Should gambling become a problem we recommend you contact the Be Gamble Aware helpline on 0808 8020 133 or visit the website on www.begambleaware.org.
3.6. The maximum number of Tickets an individual will be permitted to purchase in any one draw is £100.
3.7. Employees of Samaritans, their agencies and other companies directly involved in the running of the raffle are not eligible to play.
4. Entry into the Raffle
4.1. You can only enter the Raffle by the purchase of a ticket which will be sold in a variety of forms from time to time.
4.2. Purchase will require you to provide the following information:
- (a) Your name, address and email address, so that we can contact you to confirm your entry into the Raffle and contact you if you have won a prize.
- (b) Confirmation that you are over 16 years of age, in order to ensure compliance with the Act.
- (c) The number of Tickets in the Raffle you wish to purchase.
4.3. You will also be asked to provide the following information:
- (a) Your contact telephone number.
- (b) Your date of birth.
- (c) Your mobile phone number.
4.4. You will also be required to provide information relating to the purchase of your Tickets. Payment may be made via the following methods and the relevant information will vary depending upon the payment method:
- (a) Debit Card.
- Payment by credit card will not be accepted.
- Information required will include card number, expiry date and card security number.
4.5. Samaritans shall be entitled to take any steps necessary to verify the above information and to process your entry. Samaritans may (in its absolute discretion) refuse to accept an application for an individual to purchase tickets for the raffle.
4.6. It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal information you provide is accurate.
4.7. If you know of any error in your name, address or any other details provided to Samaritans as part of your entry you must correct this by notifying Samaritans in writing or by e-mail. Samaritans will make any required corrections as soon as reasonably possible. Samaritans shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Raffle and / or the right to receive a prize) suffered by you until such correction has been made. Any correction notified to Samaritans shall only become effective once the correction has been made.
4.8. Each Ticket is numbered and each Ticket Number is unique.
5.1. Payment for Tickets may be made by the following methods:
5.2. Payment for Tickets will be referenced on your Debit Card statement as "Sterling Lotteries Barrow in Furngb" while pending and Samaritans Raffle when cleared.
5.3. The price for each Ticket is £5.
5.4. Your Tickets and therefore associated Game Number(s) will not be entered into the Draw unless Samaritans has received all amounts payable (cleared funds) relating to your Game Numbers relating to your Tickets by the closing date 20th May 2022. If there is a dispute regarding whether Tickets have been paid for then such dispute shall be resolved by reference to details included in official statements from the bank with which the Raffle’s bank accounts operate.
5.5. Samaritans may cancel your entry into the Raffle (in its absolute discretion) at any time.
5.6. All customer funds are held ahead of the draw with Samaritans.
6. Changes to Entrant Details
6.1. Any changes to your details as provided by you upon purchase should be notified to Samaritans in writing or by e-mail.
7.1. The Draw will be run at our Raffle Management Companies Offices on 23rd May 2022.
7.2. In order to comply with the Act only those Tickets for which payment has been received are eligible for entry into the Draw.
8.1. Prizes are issued as follows:
- 1. Manchester United Premier Suite Match Day Experience for 4 people
- 2. £300 Flight vouchers
- 3. Overnight stay and dinner for 2 people at the luxury five-star hotel The Grove
- 4. PING Hoofer Monsoon Waterproof Carry Golf Bag
- 5. A Watch by Goodyear Watches
- 6. Ladies Hand Cream Gift Set + Eau de Parfum & Body Lotion Gift Set
- 7. How to listen book
- 8. Mens Albany Gift Set + Groom Gift Set
- 9. Duvet Cover Set and Aromatherapy Diffuser
- 10. Framed A3 Football Commentary Chart of choice signed by Clive Tyldesley
- 11. The White Company Wellness Hamper
- 12. How to listen book
- 13. 2 night Jury's Inn B&B voucher
- 14. £50 M&S Voucher
- 15. A dinner at The Barn for 2 people
- 16. Rotary Watches Mens Watch
- 17. How to listen book
- 18. £100 Tesco voucher
- 19. Moulin Rouge musical tickets for 2 people
- 20. Samsung Galaxy Earbuds
- 21. How to listen book
- 22. £50 Hobbycraft voucher
- 23. £50 voucher for a Hobbycraft workshop
- 24. Hobbycraft Mixed Media Art Set
- 25. How to listen book
- 26. Hobbycraft Macrame Vase Craft Kit
- 27. Hobbycraft Embroidery Punch Needle Hoop Kit
- 28. How to listen book
- 29. One year's Anytime Fitness gym membership
- 30. Annual subscription to The Feel Good Book Club
- 31. How to listen book
- 32. £50 voucher to spend at Samaritans Online Shop
- 33. £150 voucher for a Spa treatment
- 34. How to listen book
- 35. £50 The Stem voucher
- 36. Free physiotherapy appointment at Ascenti
- 37. £50 M&S Voucher
- 38. How to listen book
- 39. Moulin Rouge musical tickets for 2 people
- 40. How to listen book
8.2. Samaritans reserves the right to amend the prizes at any time. Any such changes will be published on the Samaritans Website at least one week prior to a change being made.
8.3. Each Ticket Number shall only be entitled to win one prize in the Draw.
8.4. The results of the Draw will be published on the Raffle website within one week of the date of the draw and may also be published in any other manner determined by Samaritans from time to time.
8.5. Winners will be notified by email within one week of the date of the draw. Such notification may include a virtual voucher for the prize won by the Member. Physical products won will be shipped to the Member’s specified address within 6 weeks of the Draw. Samaritans shall not be liable for any loss, damage or delays in the postal service.
8.6. Samaritans reserves the right to withhold the payment of any prize until it is entirely satisfied that the Member who has won the prize has fully complied with the Rules.
8.7. If, upon winning any prize in the Raffle, you are not able to prove that you have met the criteria specified in Rules 3.1 (a), 3.1 (b) and 3.1 (c) above then you will not be entitled to receive that prize.
8.8. There are no alternatives to the prizes offered from time to time and no interest is payable.
8.9. Any unclaimed prizes will be re-credited to the Samaritans main account after a period of six months has elapsed, and be treated as a donation.
9. Suspension of the Raffle
9.1. Samaritans may (at its absolute discretion) suspend the Raffle for any period of time. During such period, Samaritans shall:
- (a) Retain any amounts which were paid prior to such suspension taking effect.
9.2. You will be notified of further details regarding the resumption of the Raffle or otherwise as soon as reasonably practicable after the date of suspension in writing.
10.1. Samaritans shall not be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you arising from:
- (a) Any delays or failures in the postal service or other delivery methods used by Samaritans or you from time to time.
- (b) Any delays or failures in any systems used by Samaritans or you to transmit e-mails.
- (c) Any failure in any software or other systems used by Samaritans for the administration of the Raffle.
- (d) Any delays of failures in the banking system used by Samaritans or you.
- (e) Any refusal by Samaritans to accept entry of an individual as an entrant or the cancellation of an entrant by Samaritans.
- (f) Any failure to enter your Ticket into the Draw.
- (g) Any event beyond the reasonable control of Samaritans.
10.2. Samaritans shall not be liable to you in contract, tort, negligence or otherwise for any indirect or consequential loss suffered by you in relation to your participation in the Raffle (including loss of the opportunity to enter the Raffle and / or the Ticket of winning a prize).
11.1. Should you feel that you have issues with gambling and wish to be self-excluded from our Raffle please phone our helpline number and request a self-exclusion form.
11.2. There is a minimum period of 6 months for self-excluded individuals.
11.3. We will not target you with any marketing material during the self-exclusion period and will remove your name and details from any marketing databases used by ourselves.
11.4. If you need to talk to someone about problem gambling then please contact Be Gamble Aware.
11.5. Be Gamble Aware is a registered charity that provides confidential telephone support and counselling to anyone who is affected by problem gambling. Be Gamble Aware can be contacted on 0808 8020 133 (Freephone).
12.1. Any complaints relating to the Raffle should be sent in writing to Samaritans giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
12.2. The Promoter’s decisions made pursuant to the Rules shall be final and binding.
12.3. Save where the Rules expressly provide otherwise, the Promoter shall not be obliged to enter into any correspondence.
13.1. Samaritans is committed to protecting your privacy. Data that we collect from you is used lawfully in accordance with the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018 and is used solely for the purpose of processing your purchase of Raffle Tickets, subsequent entry into the Raffle, and informing you if you have won a prize.
13.2. You have the right to access the information we hold about you. To obtain this information, please contact Samaritans in writing. You may be asked to provide proof of your identity prior to personal information being disclosed to you.
13.3. Samaritans will not sell, rent or grant access to any of the personal data we collect about you to any third parties without your express prior permission.
13.4. We may share aggregated information to third parties. This will not contain personal information that can identify any individual person.
13.5. We may be obliged to disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, for example to statutory bodies such as the Gambling Commission or other government bodies.
14. Proper Law and Jurisdiction
14.1. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Rules and Samaritans and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
15. Contact Address
15.1. All correspondence should be sent to the following address:SamaritansThe Upper MillKingston RoadEwellSurreyKT17 2AF